Thursday, March 26, 2015

Integrity looks like


Maybe it is a midlife crisis, maybe it is traveling an old familiar road and encountering the remains of a few burned bridges, but I find myself examining my life and realizing my actions have not always aligned with my beliefs or my words.  Integrity, like trust, it is a difficult fence to mend.  Integrity is a consistent pattern of ethical actions based on a observable moral code.  The only way to fix inconsistency is with a new track record of honest and habitual behavior that shows you have made a change- that takes time.  Failure in integrity comes when we take short-cuts, show preferential treatment (usually to ourselves) and employ situational ethics to justify avoiding a hard decision.

It takes wisdom to walk away from a temptation.  It takes courage to do the right thing and say no to the easy short-cut.  There is dignity if we will stick to our values and let our life speak that we know who we are in honest integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment